Skip to main content

Bohol, The Province of The Chocolate Hills

Source

The province is a popular tourist destination for travelers who enjoy the sun and the beach. It is also the home of the famous Chocolate Hills.

Bohol is an island province in the Philippines. The province is a popular tourist destination for travelers who enjoy the sun and the beach.  Located southwest of Bohol’s capital city – Tagbilaran City, is Panglao Island which is famous for its diving locations and listed as one of the top ten diving sites in the world.  Panglao Island has white sandy beaches. Its sand is of high quality that’s why it is exported to other beaches in the world. 


Another popular destination in Bohol is the “The Chocolate Hills”. These hills are considered one of Philippines’ natural wonders and is often denoted to as the “Jewel of the Philippines”. These are clusters of hills, approximately 1,700, made up of limestone-surplus which is said to have originated from coral reefs during the ice age when the island was submerged in water. During rainy seasons, these hills are covered with grass but it dries up during summers and turn chocolate brown, hence their name.

Bohol is also the home of the Philippine Tarsier, considered as the smallest primate in the world. Unfortunately, Tarsiers are already considered endangered species.

How to get there. Directions to Bohol.

If you plan to visit Bohol, you should take a flight to Tagbilaran from Manila. You can also take a flight to Cebu. From Cebu, you can take a ferry boat to Tagbilaran.

There are choices of hotels and resorts in Bohol. You have an option to choose a hotel in Tagbilaran City or if you want to be near the beaches, better take a hotel in Panglao Island. All hotels and resorts in Bohol offers free round-trip airport-hotel transfers

Flights to Bohol
http://hotel.visit-the-philippines.net/hotels?ts_code=d102b&sub_id=&locale=en&utm_source=d102b&utm_campaign=WAN_Affiliate&utm_content=text_link


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

About Joshua Miguel

I grew up believing that dreams do come true. I was taught that as long as you work hard, follow your heart's desire, do good, and pray to God, your dreams will someday become a reality. I was also taught that If you fail once, try again and if you still fail, try harder. As they say, try and try until you die. I turned into writing blogs to release my frustrations in life. I wrote articles in Hubpages, Triond, Bukisa, and Associated Content. I am no longer active on those sites, I just created this blog site and  concentrated on this instead. Who is Joshua Miguel? Our real name was given to us by our parents. Not that I don't like the name given to me but if given a chance to change my name I would choose Joshua Miguel. That is the story behind my pen name and that is the reason why my blog-site's name is "Joshua's Page ". All articles in this blog-site were inspired by my day to day tho ughts and experiences. Hope you will en

Independence when there is no freedom

The Philippines is celebrating today its 122nd  Independence day.  Today we remember how our forefathers claimed their freedom from the Spaniards who enslaved them for almost 333 years. Thanks to our national hero Jose Rizal, who sparked the hearts of the Filipinos through his provoking novels. This eventually inspired a revolution which then gave birth to our first republic in 1889.  Today, due to the Covid 19 pandemic, we are locked at our homes and we have no freedom to move. As a result, we are deprived to work and earn a living. We are deprived to travel, to gather, and to celebrate. Our lives have so many restrictions.This was the same experience of our forefathers when their freedom was taken away from them by the Spaniards. Good thing this Covid 19 is only temporary. Once the vaccine is commercially available, our lives will soon return to normal and our freedom will be restored. Imagine if this quarantine is permanent, people will became restless, agitated and probably lose th

When destiny unfolds

Original Photo by Joshua Miguel No matter how much effort we put in organizing and planning our life, the tides of our destiny will always dictate our fate. We always come across the word destiny, but most of us do not really know what it means. D estiny is a predetermined event in a person’s life that is beyond human control. Destiny is also known as our “purpose in life” . In my own opinion, it will take a big deal of time before we discover our true destiny is . I myself who is already 42 years old as of this writing is still in doubt of what my real task in this world. Every single day I always ask my self what my Creator wrote in my palm and what is waiting for me at the end of this tunnel called life. When I was still in my childhood years, I see my future as difficult and full of challenges because that was what I saw from my parents. My dad in particular was the one who inculcated in my mind that adult life is tough and I should prepare for it. He always told