Skip to main content

How to survive married life

Good marriages don’t just happen. It must be nurtured and cultivated with love. However, marriages are tested from time to time and eventually lead to marital disharmony. 

Image Source: Wikipedia

Getting married is probably the ultimate sign of love towards a person. For this ritual fortifies the burning affection of two individuals. However, after the wedding, the love of the newly-wed will be tested from time to time. The heartfelt intentions stated before the wedding day guest may be forgotten in the routine of everyday life. This is the time when reality intrudes fantasy. When imperfections that once viewed as minor shortcomings suddenly take a gloomy dimension and slowly grow into annoyance.
It is a normal cycle of marriage to encounter such situations. Even if two lovers are unified as one by marriage, you cannot conceal the individual differences of the couple. No individual is the same, and if these two identities will continue to disregard their differences and will not meet eye to eye, marital disharmony takes over.

To avoid falling into this pit, here are some suggestions:
  1. Accept the fact that married life is not perfect. All marriages will eventually experience certain difficulties. Besides, you married a human being, no human is perfect.
  2. Regularly reassure your love towards your partner. It was a common belief that only women, due to their sensitive nature, constantly need assurance from their husbands from time to time. This is no longer true today. BOTH men and women need reassurance to dispel their normal doubts and insecurities. Your partner needs to feel secure and know that he/she is highly treasured. Your partner must be watered with constant affection and thoughtfulness for them to grow and blossom.
  3. Be adventurous. Try new things together. Go to an exotic beach, go mountain hiking, spend the whole day watching your favorite movies, or do the same old fun stuffs that both of you did before you got married. This way, you will bring back the fun and excitement into your marriage.
  4. Accept your differences. A few months, or weeks, or even days after your wedding, your union with your partner will revert to two identities as the fantasy of romantic oneness begins to fade. This is the time when you start noticing his/her irritating behavior and start developing a tendency to change his/her behavior. It will all start with a request but will soon turn into a demand. A simple comment will soon become a nag; this is the start of marital disharmony… When your marriage is already sliding in to this condition, remind yourself that you are not perfect and you married a human being not an angel from heaven. Talk to your partner and express your feelings towards the behavior but never demand overnight changes from him/her.
As a final note, good marriages don’t just happen. They are nurtured and cultivated with love. Marriages that stayed forever are those that were sustained by good works. Couples must invest time and great efforts to bear the rich fruit of their marriage. There is a saying that “a wife has to submit herself to her husband and the husband must love his wife the way he loves himself”, if this simple saying is followed, your union will blossom with romance, respect, and enduring love.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

About Joshua Miguel

I grew up believing that dreams do come true. I was taught that as long as you work hard, follow your heart's desire, do good, and pray to God, your dreams will someday become a reality. I was also taught that If you fail once, try again and if you still fail, try harder. As they say, try and try until you die. I turned into writing blogs to release my frustrations in life. I wrote articles in Hubpages, Triond, Bukisa, and Associated Content. I am no longer active on those sites, I just created this blog site and  concentrated on this instead. Who is Joshua Miguel? Our real name was given to us by our parents. Not that I don't like the name given to me but if given a chance to change my name I would choose Joshua Miguel. That is the story behind my pen name and that is the reason why my blog-site's name is "Joshua's Page ". All articles in this blog-site were inspired by my day to day tho ughts and experiences. Hope you will en

Independence when there is no freedom

The Philippines is celebrating today its 122nd  Independence day.  Today we remember how our forefathers claimed their freedom from the Spaniards who enslaved them for almost 333 years. Thanks to our national hero Jose Rizal, who sparked the hearts of the Filipinos through his provoking novels. This eventually inspired a revolution which then gave birth to our first republic in 1889.  Today, due to the Covid 19 pandemic, we are locked at our homes and we have no freedom to move. As a result, we are deprived to work and earn a living. We are deprived to travel, to gather, and to celebrate. Our lives have so many restrictions.This was the same experience of our forefathers when their freedom was taken away from them by the Spaniards. Good thing this Covid 19 is only temporary. Once the vaccine is commercially available, our lives will soon return to normal and our freedom will be restored. Imagine if this quarantine is permanent, people will became restless, agitated and probably lose th

When destiny unfolds

Original Photo by Joshua Miguel No matter how much effort we put in organizing and planning our life, the tides of our destiny will always dictate our fate. We always come across the word destiny, but most of us do not really know what it means. D estiny is a predetermined event in a person’s life that is beyond human control. Destiny is also known as our “purpose in life” . In my own opinion, it will take a big deal of time before we discover our true destiny is . I myself who is already 42 years old as of this writing is still in doubt of what my real task in this world. Every single day I always ask my self what my Creator wrote in my palm and what is waiting for me at the end of this tunnel called life. When I was still in my childhood years, I see my future as difficult and full of challenges because that was what I saw from my parents. My dad in particular was the one who inculcated in my mind that adult life is tough and I should prepare for it. He always told