Skip to main content

Signs that you are not a girlfriend material

Image Source: Wikipedia


When a guy meets an attractive gal, he usually asks her number and asks her for a date. The first few dates are probably fun, candle light dinner, long conversation, etc. This is what we call the “getting to know each other stage”. However, there are situations wherein after a few dates the guy will start to fade away. He doesn’t call you as often, he is always busy with something every time you will ask him out and he never returns your call. Ladies, if you are already experiencing this, trust me, the guy is not in to you.

I admit it, guys are sometime insensitive. Okay, okay, guys are most of the times insensitive. The reason why we are insensitive is because we “avoid being sensitive”. Got it? Okay, what I mean is guys are not as frank as girls when it comes to emotional issues. Girls love saying “I love you, I miss you, and I care for you, etc…” Guys rarely say these things; we only say it once or twice or during special occasions. This is because guys are not comfortable in “saying it” but we are more comfortable on “showing it”.

When a guy realizes that the girl he is dating is not “The One”, he does not say it upfront to her face. Instead, he shows it by avoiding her calls, by pretending to be busy, and through other so called insensitive ways. This is the male species. Period.

For the ladies, since you are the sensitive species, you must be on the look-out of the signs mentioned above when dating a guy. This is to avoid being hurt later on. To help you further understand the male species, let me summarized some girl behaviors that scare most guys during the "getting to know stage:"

  • When you act like his mother. Guys find it cute if a girl they are dating has motherly qualities – caring and lovable. But if a girl is acting more like his mother rather than being motherly, expect the guy will not call you after your first date.
  • When you love to analyze him. Being analytical is a good skill in a corporate world. But guys hate it when a girl keeps on analyzing him or when you keep on analyzing his life, his actions, the way he dress, the way he talks, etc. When you do this, a guy feels that you are tearing his skin open. He feels that you are always testing him. He interprets this as that you look lowly of him. Only analyze him if he asks you to analyze him. Being analytical in your first few dates is a mortal sin.
  • When you are so critical. If you are analytical, you are most likely critical. Just as mentioned earlier, guys do not like being looked down. If you feel that a guy has an unfavorable habits, behaviors or manners, do not criticize him. Instead, say it in a non-offensive way. Again, criticism has no room in this getting-to-know stage.
  • When you are acting as if you own him. You do not own him 100%. Certain percentage of him is shared with friends, co-workers, relatives, parents and other people close to him. You only get a percentage, don’t be selfish. Guys usually get scared if girls act this way, they feel as if they are wearing a dog leash.
  • When you are high maintenance. Have you ever seen a couple wherein the guy is so handsome while his girl is quite out of tune? Guys are being accused of being physically-oriented when choosing their lady. But this is not always true. Guys also look at the attitude of the girl, not just the physical aspects. Most guys prefer the simple, low-maintenance type of lady. Guys do not like the too-emotional, too-sensitive, too-analytical, and too-critical ladies because they are harder to maintain. Guys feel that they will use up more energy pampering petty sentiments and responding to criticisms if ever they will hook up with these types of girls. I guess this is also applicable to the ladies. If you are given a choice between a low and high maintenance guy, I’m sure majority of you will choose the low maintenance – simple guy, am I right?
  • When you have a strong conviction that man and woman are the same. This is a philosophy that scares most guys. Men and women are not made equal. Regardless of gender, no two people are the same. This is what we call individual differences. Men have limitations. As such, stop expecting too much from him. Do not compare your being sensible to his irrationality. Or your open-mindedness to his impervious behavior. You are not equal.
  • When you consider that all men are cheaters. Trust is the foundation of any relationship. If you do not trust men, then what’s the point of dating? Both of you are just wasting your time. Heal first your trust issues before entering a new relationship. Men usually shy away on girls who are always suspicious on them.
  • When you have low regard of yourself. Insecurity is one of the silent killers of a relationship. It is the engine of jealousy. If you have low self esteem, you are 99.9% possessive, mistrustful, suspicious, and watchful of your partner. These are the qualities that trigger men to press the escape button. Guys feel that they will lose their freedom when they end up with these types of gals.
If you possess majority of these qualities, you know where you are heading.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

About Joshua Miguel

I grew up believing that dreams do come true. I was taught that as long as you work hard, follow your heart's desire, do good, and pray to God, your dreams will someday become a reality. I was also taught that If you fail once, try again and if you still fail, try harder. As they say, try and try until you die. I turned into writing blogs to release my frustrations in life. I wrote articles in Hubpages, Triond, Bukisa, and Associated Content. I am no longer active on those sites, I just created this blog site and  concentrated on this instead. Who is Joshua Miguel? Our real name was given to us by our parents. Not that I don't like the name given to me but if given a chance to change my name I would choose Joshua Miguel. That is the story behind my pen name and that is the reason why my blog-site's name is "Joshua's Page ". All articles in this blog-site were inspired by my day to day tho ughts and experiences. Hope you will en

Independence when there is no freedom

The Philippines is celebrating today its 122nd  Independence day.  Today we remember how our forefathers claimed their freedom from the Spaniards who enslaved them for almost 333 years. Thanks to our national hero Jose Rizal, who sparked the hearts of the Filipinos through his provoking novels. This eventually inspired a revolution which then gave birth to our first republic in 1889.  Today, due to the Covid 19 pandemic, we are locked at our homes and we have no freedom to move. As a result, we are deprived to work and earn a living. We are deprived to travel, to gather, and to celebrate. Our lives have so many restrictions.This was the same experience of our forefathers when their freedom was taken away from them by the Spaniards. Good thing this Covid 19 is only temporary. Once the vaccine is commercially available, our lives will soon return to normal and our freedom will be restored. Imagine if this quarantine is permanent, people will became restless, agitated and probably lose th

When destiny unfolds

Original Photo by Joshua Miguel No matter how much effort we put in organizing and planning our life, the tides of our destiny will always dictate our fate. We always come across the word destiny, but most of us do not really know what it means. D estiny is a predetermined event in a person’s life that is beyond human control. Destiny is also known as our “purpose in life” . In my own opinion, it will take a big deal of time before we discover our true destiny is . I myself who is already 42 years old as of this writing is still in doubt of what my real task in this world. Every single day I always ask my self what my Creator wrote in my palm and what is waiting for me at the end of this tunnel called life. When I was still in my childhood years, I see my future as difficult and full of challenges because that was what I saw from my parents. My dad in particular was the one who inculcated in my mind that adult life is tough and I should prepare for it. He always told