Skip to main content

When destiny unfolds

Original Photo by Joshua Miguel

No matter how much effort we put in organizing and planning our life, the tides of our destiny will always dictate our fate. We always come across the word destiny, but most of us do not really know what it means. Destiny is a predetermined event in a person’s life that is beyond human control. Destiny is also known as our “purpose in life”. In my own opinion, it will take a big deal of time before we discover our true destiny is. I myself who is already 42 years old as of this writing is still in doubt of what my real task in this world. Every single day I always ask myself what my Creator wrote in my palm and what is waiting for me at the end of this tunnel called life. When I was still in my childhood years, I see my future as difficult and full of challenges because that was what I saw from my parents. My dad in particular was the one who inculcated in my mind that adult life is tough and I should prepare for it. He always told me that I should not follow their footsteps because their chosen profession was not only exhausting but also financially unrewarding. I believed in him because our life during those days were indeed financially difficult. Both my parents took more than one teaching jobs just to support our family. It was still clear in my mind how my mother would leave our house as early as 5:00 o' clock in the morning to catch her 7 am class and she usually arrived in our house past 9:00 o' clock in the evening. This was her daily routine and sometimes she extends her work even during weekends. Working in the education industry here in the Philippines is still a challenge until now and I thank my dad for not encouraging me to venture in to that field otherwise I might not be enjoying the perks I am enjoying now. 

My dad died last year and he may have fulfilled some of his many dreams. But despite that, I know that he was still very frustrated with so many things. In fact, when we were together he always shares his frustrations with me. He talked about his frustrations on his job, his frustration of not having enough money to travel around the Philippines and across the globe. My dad was an explorer and he wanted to be free, but he was trapped in a world that was opposite of his dreams. He may have not openly expressed his frustrations about his life but I know he gave up his extemporaneous nature and chose not to take a riskier road to explore his untapped talents. He did that because he do not want to drag us - his family, in the pursuit of his dreams. Following one's dreams is not as easy as we think, it will entail some risks and chances of failure is big. I know that because right now I am still in the process of chasing my dreams, and believe me I have sacrificed so much... my time, my energy, my relationship, my family, and most of my hard-earned money. Honestly, until now, my dreams are still of great distance. As mentioned earlier, we have no idea of what is in store for us. Our Creator's plan for each one of us is beyond our understanding. It is up to Him what our future will bring us. Finding our dreams may be easy for some and very hard on others including me. But how do we know if we have already achieved our dreams? I think if we are already happy and contented with what we have or when we already reached a state when we stop longing for material things, I think it is safe to say that we have already achieved our life's purpose.  
 
Today is my dad's first death anniversary. His death was unexpected, it was sudden and it caught me by surprise. But his death taught me a very important lesson, that life is unpredictable and we should never settle for anything less than what makes us truly happy. If you are not happy with your current situation, you are free to get out of it. Your happiness is in your hands. Don't be afraid! You can do it! Maybe your current state is just part of God's grand master-plan and He is teaching you something very important as He unfolds your life's purpose in the very near future. Live life!


You might be interested in this post >>> My Road to Recovery

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

About Joshua Miguel

I grew up believing that dreams do come true. I was taught that as long as you work hard, follow your heart's desire, do good, and pray to God, your dreams will someday become a reality. I was also taught that If you fail once, try again and if you still fail, try harder. As they say, try and try until you die. I turned into writing blogs to release my frustrations in life. I wrote articles in Hubpages, Triond, Bukisa, and Associated Content. I am no longer active on those sites, I just created this blog site and  concentrated on this instead. Who is Joshua Miguel? Our real name was given to us by our parents. Not that I don't like the name given to me but if given a chance to change my name I would choose Joshua Miguel. That is the story behind my pen name and that is the reason why my blog-site's name is "Joshua's Page ". All articles in this blog-site were inspired by my day to day tho ughts and experiences. Hope you will en

Independence when there is no freedom

The Philippines is celebrating today its 122nd  Independence day.  Today we remember how our forefathers claimed their freedom from the Spaniards who enslaved them for almost 333 years. Thanks to our national hero Jose Rizal, who sparked the hearts of the Filipinos through his provoking novels. This eventually inspired a revolution which then gave birth to our first republic in 1889.  Today, due to the Covid 19 pandemic, we are locked at our homes and we have no freedom to move. As a result, we are deprived to work and earn a living. We are deprived to travel, to gather, and to celebrate. Our lives have so many restrictions.This was the same experience of our forefathers when their freedom was taken away from them by the Spaniards. Good thing this Covid 19 is only temporary. Once the vaccine is commercially available, our lives will soon return to normal and our freedom will be restored. Imagine if this quarantine is permanent, people will became restless, agitated and probably lose th