Skip to main content

Do not worry.



This morning I woke up with a heavy heart. These past few days, I was down and feeling troubled. I felt that things were not going the way I envisioned it to be. I felt everything was not working as planned despite my efforts. I felt frustrated and tired. I also felt that people around me are also not appreciating the efforts that I have put into my work. As a result I felt doubt in myself and I can no longer see the value of what I am doing. I am worried about my present and my future.

As I get out of my bed, I sat down near my bedroom window and I cannot stop from staring at the bright blue sky. It was so beautiful! So I went outside our house and a cold morning breeze greeted my face. The wind was cold but I felt warmth in my heart. I once again looked at the sky and I finally realized that this world is such a beauty! Then I realized that my life wasn't bad at all. Actually I am blessed for I am still alive and still experiencing the beauty of God's creation. Life maybe throwing nasty things at me right now but I know this will all end and I know that once I get through all of this, I will be a stronger person and I am more ready to face other challenges that will come my way. I have to keep reminding myself that God is with me, I do not have to worry. There are struggles in life that can become emotional strongholds as they call it. These struggles are stopping us from serving and trusting God. These struggles are making us scared and worried to face our today and our tomorrow for we are frightened by the idea that we will confront these problems alone. It keep us wondering if we can get out of it without inflicting so much pain in our hearts or leave a deep hole in our soul that will eventually drain our hopes in life.

Do not worry! Worrying will not solve our problems, instead, it only stops us from seeing the good things around us. Let us trust God and time will come and we will finally experience the abundant life He has promised. Jesus said "Do not be worried about your life, as to what you will eat or what you will drink nor for your body, as to what you will put on. Is not life more than food, and the body more than clothing? Look at the birds in the air, that they do not sow nor reap nor gather into barns, and yet your Heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not worth much more than they?" (Mathew 6:25-26)

My prayer for today,

Lord, I am sorry for not trusting You. Sorry for not trusting your plans for me. Now I understand that life is not about material things, forgive me for finding security on the material riches of life rather than seeking security from Your love our Father. If You can feed the birds that have no soul, how much more that You will take care of me for I am more worthy than the birds in the sky. I will keep Your promise my dear God, that you will never leave me nor forsake me. AMEN.

You might be interested in my other posts:




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

About Joshua Miguel

I grew up believing that dreams do come true. I was taught that as long as you work hard, follow your heart's desire, do good, and pray to God, your dreams will someday become a reality. I was also taught that If you fail once, try again and if you still fail, try harder. As they say, try and try until you die. I turned into writing blogs to release my frustrations in life. I wrote articles in Hubpages, Triond, Bukisa, and Associated Content. I am no longer active on those sites, I just created this blog site and  concentrated on this instead. Who is Joshua Miguel? Our real name was given to us by our parents. Not that I don't like the name given to me but if given a chance to change my name I would choose Joshua Miguel. That is the story behind my pen name and that is the reason why my blog-site's name is "Joshua's Page ". All articles in this blog-site were inspired by my day to day tho ughts and experiences. Hope you will en

Independence when there is no freedom

The Philippines is celebrating today its 122nd  Independence day.  Today we remember how our forefathers claimed their freedom from the Spaniards who enslaved them for almost 333 years. Thanks to our national hero Jose Rizal, who sparked the hearts of the Filipinos through his provoking novels. This eventually inspired a revolution which then gave birth to our first republic in 1889.  Today, due to the Covid 19 pandemic, we are locked at our homes and we have no freedom to move. As a result, we are deprived to work and earn a living. We are deprived to travel, to gather, and to celebrate. Our lives have so many restrictions.This was the same experience of our forefathers when their freedom was taken away from them by the Spaniards. Good thing this Covid 19 is only temporary. Once the vaccine is commercially available, our lives will soon return to normal and our freedom will be restored. Imagine if this quarantine is permanent, people will became restless, agitated and probably lose th

When destiny unfolds

Original Photo by Joshua Miguel No matter how much effort we put in organizing and planning our life, the tides of our destiny will always dictate our fate. We always come across the word destiny, but most of us do not really know what it means. D estiny is a predetermined event in a person’s life that is beyond human control. Destiny is also known as our “purpose in life” . In my own opinion, it will take a big deal of time before we discover our true destiny is . I myself who is already 42 years old as of this writing is still in doubt of what my real task in this world. Every single day I always ask my self what my Creator wrote in my palm and what is waiting for me at the end of this tunnel called life. When I was still in my childhood years, I see my future as difficult and full of challenges because that was what I saw from my parents. My dad in particular was the one who inculcated in my mind that adult life is tough and I should prepare for it. He always told